Background

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Dear Husband

Last week we celebrated our 29th anniversary and my dear husband surprised me with a set of Pink Gooseberry Bake Serve Store casserole dishes! This was an extra special surprise because I thought that this set had been bought by someone else!


You see the story goes...While antiquing on our trip in May to southern Missouri, we stopped in at about closing time at this particular antique mall. We only had 15 minutes to quickly scan what they had and right off I spotted this Pink Gooseberry set.  Being the penny pincher that I am, I felt the price tag of $32 was to high and didn't do the impulse thing and grab them quickly.  I knew that we would return the next day because they had a flea market that Saturday morning and the antique mall itself was huge and we didn't have enough time to see everything. So I decided I would think about it that evening and knowing that we would be back before they opened for the flea market the next day, I could get them first thing if I decided to!  The more I thought about those pretty, shiny, pink and white dishes sitting there, I knew they needed to come home with me and I felt the price was fair because after all it was Pink Gooseberry and you don't see it in New Mexico and the prices on Ebay are just ridiculous!
So we got to the flea market about 8:30 am and the mall opened at 9 am. Kylee and I started looking around and my husband went another direction. After finding a few things, we headed into the antique mall about 9:10 am to find my husband and check out the Pyrex.  As we got closer to the booth that had the Pink Gooseberry set, I soon noticed that they were gone! I couldn't believe it, only opened 10 minutes and someone else had already bought them. I can't tell you how many times since then I would think about that and just kick myself for not acting impulsively. 

Well last week, the mystery buyer was revealed!  That sweetheart of mine had beat me to the punch!  He got into the mall and grabbed the set, handed the cashier the money and asked her to wrap them up quickly and if I came asking about them, she didn't know anything about it!  He was able to sneak the box out to our truck and hide it in a cooler and keep them hidden for the rest of our trip!

I will always cherish this set because of how it became to be mine!

Ranae

2 comments:

  1. Brownie points...he deserves a ton! Now you'll smile every time you see them and not just because they are beautiful. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Sounds like something my hubby would do!!! I know what you mean, I have passed things up and then later wished I hadn't! It's hard that way with Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete